* libcc1 depencies
@ 2015-02-12 13:12 lange
From: lange @ 2015-02-12 13:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hello,

I am trying to build a cross-compiler for arm, like I did so for years. I am
keen on not having depencies on libraries, so that the compiler can be used on
multiple systems.
Up until 4.9 the only depency is libc, I tried using the gcc-5-20150208
snapshot, and now I get depencies on the build-compilers libstdc++ and libgcc_s.
This is double annoying because this is not the default compiler of the OS, and
those paths might not exist and there is a chance of mixing versions.

The rest of gcc is adhering to the configuration, but for libcc1 this seems to
be lacking. I use this configuration to statiscally link C++:
--with-host-libstdcxx="-Wl,-Bstatic,`g++ --print-file-name libstdc++.a`,`g++
--print-file-name libsupc++.a`,-Bdynamic"

*) I tried setting -static-libstdc++ via LDFLAGS, but libtool is linking the
explicit libraries with the path to the build-compiler (not the system library)

*) I tried compiling libcc1 seperately
/home/build/toolchain-arm-none-eabi-5.0-5.0.0/gcc/libcc1/configure
--prefix=/opt/toolchain-5.0 --build=i686-pc-linux-gnu --host=i686-pc-linux-gnu
--target=arm-none-eabi

Note that this is an out-of-source-tree build!
The result is an error:
/home/build/toolchain-arm-none-eabi-5.0-5.0.0/gcc/libcc1/findcomp.cc:20:20:
fatal error: config.h: No such file or directory

I would want to at least be able to statically link libstdc++. Ideally the
reference to libgcc_s would be gone aswell, or atleast be pointing to the system
library. Right now I dont find the measures to do that.

Kind Regards,
Norbert Lange

(I send one mail as HTML, apologies if this message will appear twice)

only message in thread, other threads:[~2015-02-12 13:12 UTC | newest]