* Tags not allowed in user repository - Mildly urgent
@ 2023-05-10  8:47 Ondřej Kubánek
From: Ondřej Kubánek @ 2023-05-10  8:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hello,

I have tried to push a tag to my user space /tags/ ref in the GCC repo. The
tag is annotated but the push was rejected. Here is the command

git push origin master:refs/users/kubaneko/tags/Thesis Thesis

and here is the response

Total 0 (delta 0), reused 0 (delta 0), pack-reused 0
remote: *** Lightweight tags ('kubaneko/tags/Thesis' in namespace
'refs/users') are not allowed in this repository.
remote: *** Use 'git tag [ -a | -s ]' for tags you want to propagate.
remote: error: hook declined to update refs/users/kubaneko/tags/Thesis
To git+ssh://gcc.gnu.org/git/gcc.git
 ! [remote rejected]         master -> refs/users/kubaneko/tags/Thesis
(hook declined)
error: failed to push some refs to 'git+ssh://gcc.gnu.org/git/gcc.git'

Is this expected behaviour? Do I need a gpg key to sign the tag?

Thank you for the help

Ondřej Kubánek