* Copyright assignment for Rust-GCC
@ 2021-01-04 10:28 Nala Ginrut
From: Nala Ginrut @ 2021-01-04 10:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hi Folks!
This mail is about the development of Rust frontend of GCC.

To avoid misunderstanding, please let me introduce Rust-GCC briefly.
In 2013, Philip Herron had announced the project in GCC mailing-list:
https://gcc.gnu.org/legacy-ml/gcc/2013-12/msg00017.html
In 2019, @SimplyTheOther had contributed the almost complete parser and
AST.
And I helped to do some trival work to make it work with the latest GCC
at that time.
Of course there're more contributors that I can't mention one by one.
At that time, a small community of Rust-GCC had formed. We're interested
in continuing it till it can be merged into GCC.
https://github.com/Rust-GCC/gccrs
So this is the brief history.

Now we have a question, when should we assign copyright paper for GNU?
Last time I assigned the copyright paper, I noticed that the paper
mentioned the project name. But Rust-GCC hasn't been recogonized by GCC
community yet, so I'm not sure if it's the correct time to consider this
issue.

Comments are welcome.

Best regards.

--