* RE: incorrect __vxworks__ usage in longlong.h (3.3) was ok in 3.2 .3
@ 2003-07-30 19:54 Ken Faiczak
From: Ken Faiczak @ 2003-07-30 19:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'David Edelsohn', Zack Weinberg
  Cc: Ken Faiczak, 'gcc@gnu.org'

Note: also the check  of PPC also causes problems for vxworks
since it also defines that as a CPU_FAMILY for comparison
even though the current CPU is not equal to that
(it also defines all kinds of others CPUs and FAMILIES...)

ie in our case CPU=R4000 or CPU=SB1250

is the compiler supposed to be looking for these sorts of things
  that aren't surrounded by __PPC__ sort of thing

From: Zack Weinberg @ 2003-07-30 19:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ken Faiczak; +Cc: 'David Edelsohn', 'gcc@gnu.org'

Ken Faiczak <kfaiczak@sandvine.com> writes:

> Note: also the check  of PPC also causes problems for vxworks
> since it also defines that as a CPU_FAMILY for comparison
> even though the current CPU is not equal to that
> (it also defines all kinds of others CPUs and FAMILIES...)
>
> ie in our case CPU=R4000 or CPU=SB1250
>
> is the compiler supposed to be looking for these sorts of things
>   that aren't surrounded by __PPC__ sort of thing

It's suboptimal, but please understand that this file is lifted from
GMP, and changes really ought to go through the GMP maintainers.

I don't care to defend vxworks' pollution of the user namespace with
CPU and CPU_FAMILY macros, either.

zw