* Slightly ambiguous wording in cppopts.texi
@ 2003-11-21  8:21 Phil Edwards
From: Phil Edwards @ 2003-11-21  8:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Line 459 of doc/cppopts.texi is a standalone paragraph,

    Use of these options is discouraged.

but there's no real way to know which options the sentence is referring to.
Presumably some of the preceeding ones, but there is no formatting hint
to tell the reader how far back to draw the "line of discouragement,"
if you follow my meaning.

by definition, not smart enough to debug it.
    - Brian W. Kernighan

* Re: Slightly ambiguous wording in cppopts.texi
@ 2003-11-27  9:45 ` Zack Weinberg
From: Zack Weinberg @ 2003-11-27  9:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Phil Edwards; +Cc: gcc

Phil Edwards <phil@jaj.com> writes:

> Line 459 of doc/cppopts.texi is a standalone paragraph,
>
>     Use of these options is discouraged.
>
> but there's no real way to know which options the sentence is referring to.
> Presumably some of the preceeding ones, but there is no formatting hint
> to tell the reader how far back to draw the "line of discouragement,"
> if you follow my meaning.

-idirafter, -iprefix, -iwithprefix, and -iwithprefixbefore.  I would
suggest you just delete that line; I wrote it when I was younger and
less experienced in all the crazy things people do with their include
paths.

zw