* mkstemp() support on target
@ 2001-10-20  7:31 Florian Weimer
From: Florian Weimer @ 2001-10-20  7:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Does an autoconf test already exist in GCC which tests whether the
target machine supports mkstemp() or not?

* Re: mkstemp() support on target
@ 2001-10-22 19:31   ` DJ Delorie
From: DJ Delorie @ 2001-10-22 19:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: amylaar; +Cc: gcc

> - The function in libiberty is called mkstemps

Of course, the whole *point* of it being in libiberty in the first
place is to guarantee that it *is* available on every platform.  If we
can't guarantee that, we should find out why.  Aside from the obvious
"no filesystem on target" reasons :-)

* Re: mkstemp() support on target
@ 2001-10-22 17:50 ` Joern Rennecke
From: Joern Rennecke @ 2001-10-22 17:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mike stump; +Cc: fw, gcc

> If you want to know if it is availible for use on the target, can't
> you just nm libiberty and be done with it?

- The function in libiberty is called mkstemps
- You can check for it only after building libiberty, which may or may not
  be early enough for what Florian has in mind.
- It might reference functions that are not available on the target.

--
Joern Rennecke                  |            gcc expert for hire
amylaar@onetel.net.uk           |  send enquiries to: jwr_jobs@onetel.net.uk

* Re: mkstemp() support on target
@ 2001-10-20  8:04 mike stump
From: mike stump @ 2001-10-20  8:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: fw, gcc

> To: gcc@gcc.gnu.org
> From: Florian Weimer <fw@deneb.enyo.de>
> Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2001 16:21:31 +0200

> Does an autoconf test already exist in GCC which tests whether the
> target machine supports mkstemp() or not?

Can you run grep mkstemp libiberty/*?  That might answer your question.