Eli Zaretskii via Gcc writes: >> Cc: Jonathan Wakely , gcc@gcc.gnu.org >> Date: Tue, 09 May 2023 18:38:05 +0200 >> From: Arsen Arsenović via Gcc >> >> You're actively dismissing the benefit. > > Which benefit? > > No one has yet explained why a warning about this is not enough, and > why it must be made an error. Florian's initial post doesn't explain > that, and none of the followups did, although questions about whether > a warning is not already sufficient were asked. > > That's a simple question, and unless answered with valid arguments, > the proposal cannot make sense to me, at least. My email covers this: https://gcc.gnu.org/pipermail/gcc/2023-May/241269.html. I'd also note that some of the issues I've seen were already flagged in people's CI but they didn't notice because it was just a warning.