* How Can I Get See A Memory Map For An Executable
@ 2005-11-13  9:31 Steven Woody
From: Steven Woody @ 2005-11-13  9:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

i want to check in my C++ program, what variable is allocated in where. is
there such a tool?

another relative question is, where the 'new' operator get memory from? the
global heap? does it same with what 'malloc' get from?

thanks.

--
steven woody (id: narke)

Celine: Well, who says relationships have to last forever?

	- Before Sunrise (1995)

* Re: How Can I Get See A Memory Map For An Executable
@ 2005-11-13  9:34 ` Florian Weimer
From: Florian Weimer @ 2005-11-13  9:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Steven Woody; +Cc: gcc

* Steven Woody:

> i want to check in my C++ program, what variable is allocated in where. is
> there such a tool?

> how can i get see the runtime memory useage graph for my c++
> program? this will include stack memory and dynamic memory
> (heap). thanks.

To some extent, valgrind can generate such statistics.

> another relative question is, where the 'new' operator get memory from? the
> global heap? does it same with what 'malloc' get from?

Depends on the kind of "new" operator, but usually, yes.

Your questions are more suitable for the gcc-help mailing list.
Please ask further questions over there.

* How Can I Get See A Memory Map For An Executable
@ 2005-11-13  7:38 Steven Woody