* [3.1] Ada bug reporting points to README.GNATPRO
@ 2002-04-26 10:47 Matthias Klose
From: Matthias Klose @ 2002-04-26 10:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

An ICE error message points to README.GNATPRO and a "customer
directory", which is not available in the sources:

+===========================GNAT BUG DETECTED==============================+
| 5.00w (20010924) (hppa-unknown-linux-gnu) GCC error:                     |
| Internal compiler error in reload_cse_simplify_operands, at              |
|    reload1.c:8358                                                        |
| Error detected at g-expect.adb:360:7                                     |
| Please submit bug report by email to report@gnat.com.                    |
| Use a subject line meaningful to you and us to track the bug.            |
| (include your customer number #nnn in the subject line).                 |
| Include the entire contents of this bug box in the report.               |
| Include the exact gcc or gnatmake command that you entered.              |
| Also include sources listed below in gnatchop format                     |
| (concatenated together with no headers between files).                   |
| (use plain ASCII or MIME attachment, or FTP to your customer directory). |
| See README.GNATPRO for full info on procedure for submitting bugs.       |
+==========================================================================+

Another issue is the version number 5.00w. Is this the correct version
for the FSF release?

Thanks, Matthias

* Re: [3.1] Ada bug reporting points to README.GNATPRO
@ 2002-04-26 15:25 ` Florian Weimer
From: Florian Weimer @ 2002-04-26 15:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matthias Klose; +Cc: gcc

Matthias Klose <doko@cs.tu-berlin.de> writes:

> An ICE error message points to README.GNATPRO and a "customer
> directory", which is not available in the sources:

A patch which fixes this is available (and an offer to submit a
different patch if needed), but the Ada maintainers haven't decided
yet what to do, I'm afraid.

* Re: [3.1] Ada bug reporting points to README.GNATPRO
@ 2002-04-30 11:31   ` Geert Bosch
From: Geert Bosch @ 2002-04-30 11:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Florian Weimer; +Cc: Robert Dewar, gcc

On Tuesday, April 30, 2002, at 02:03 , Florian Weimer wrote:

> dewar@gnat.com (Robert Dewar) writes:
>
>> This is definitely wrong and needs fixing immediately. Geert Bosch will
>> deal with this immediately.
>
> The change is still not in CVS, and we are rapidly approaching May
> 1st. :-(

I'm sorry, but I was under the impression that you would copy over
the change from the mainline to the 3.1 branch. I'll do this today,
my apologies for the confusion.

   -Geert

* Re: [3.1] Ada bug reporting points to README.GNATPRO
@ 2002-04-30 11:04 ` Florian Weimer
From: Florian Weimer @ 2002-04-30 11:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Robert Dewar; +Cc: gcc, bosch

@ 2002-04-26 16:40 Robert Dewar
From: Robert Dewar @ 2002-04-26 16:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: doko, gcc

This is definitely wrong and needs fixing immediately. Geert Bosch will
deal with this immediately.

Obviously there should be no mention of GNATPro and indeed 5.00w is an
inappropriate version number.