Hi! On 2022-09-28T10:39:59-0500, Segher Boessenkool wrote: > On Wed, Sep 28, 2022 at 03:12:23PM +0100, Jonathan Wakely wrote: >> Which version of Dejagnu are you using? There was a fix in 6.1 or 6.2 (1.6.1, 1.6.2.) >> to change the order that the RUNTESTFLAGS and dg-options get added to >> the command line. Ah, right, ... However, that was not the problem here -- I'd been using such a DejaGnu version. That was strange, so I dug deeper, and found: in our *local* DejaGnu board files a '[...]_target_compile' proc that likewise did need to be fixed... :-| With that done, the problem is then gone. (I'm anyways attaching my "[WIP] nvptx: '-mdejagnu-ptx'", in case that's ever useful for anyone, but not proposing to push that one.) >> It's a pain to make the testsuite work consistently for both old and >> new versions. I would be very happy if we just said you need a modern >> version of Dejagnu, and relied on the semantics in the newer versions. > > Unfortunately there quite often are bugs in newer versions of DejaGnu > as well, making it impossible to require very new versions of it. The "require a more recent version of DejaGnu" discussion never gets old, eh... ;-P Grüße Thomas ----------------- Siemens Electronic Design Automation GmbH; Anschrift: Arnulfstraße 201, 80634 München; Gesellschaft mit beschränkter Haftung; Geschäftsführer: Thomas Heurung, Frank Thürauf; Sitz der Gesellschaft: München; Registergericht München, HRB 106955