* How to get GCC manual webpage in one gzip file
@ 2002-10-10 22:27 Xiang Zhang
From: Xiang Zhang @ 2002-10-10 22:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'gcc@gnu.org'

Do you have or plan to have a gzip file that contains GCC manual in HTML
format with one page for each section?

GNU make has a manual like that for download, why not GCC? It is pretty
convenient for me to read while my laptop is not connected to Internet. It
also reduces the burden on your web server.

Thanks

Xiang,

WaterCove Networks
847-621-8918

* Re: How to get GCC manual webpage in one gzip file
@ 2002-10-11  6:40 ` Gerald Pfeifer
From: Gerald Pfeifer @ 2002-10-11  6:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xiang Zhang; +Cc: 'gcc@gnu.org'

On Thu, 10 Oct 2002, Xiang Zhang wrote:
> Do you have or plan to have a gzip file that contains GCC manual in HTML
> format with one page for each section?

I don't think so, though I'm quite sure a patch to
  maintainer-scripts/update_web_docs and onlinedocs.html
which implements this would be accepted.

Unless/until someone implements that, you could just read our
documentation in info format, for example using the nice tkInfo
browser.

Or, you could use wget or a similiar tool, to obtain a copy of
the respective parts of our web site.

Gerald