* Re: libquadmath
       [not found] <eb6b333b68f9a73fe8f84c4985a855a7.squirrel@www.cyfronet.krakow.pl>
@ 2020-02-25  9:47 ` FX
       [not found]   ` <5fb4a113b85a2072eb26de46ddf61edc.squirrel@www.cyfronet.krakow.pl>
From: FX @ 2020-02-25  9:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bieniasz Leslaw; +Cc: gcc

Hello Bienisaz,

> I have managed to compile the program using the quadmath, but the
> program works only if the libquadmath-0.dll is supplied in a working
> directory. I notice that there were some controversies on the internet,
> concerning the issue of static linking of the quadmath library, and
> there seems to be no clear solution available how to link the library
> statically. Is there any way to do this? I would appreciate a hint.

You should be able to link directly against libquadmath.a instead of the shared version.

> Another problem I see is that it seems impossible to dynamically
> allocate __float128 vectors by using "calloc" or "new". Is there
> any other way to achieve a dynamic allocation?

The following works for me:

__float128 *x = calloc(sizeof(__float128), 8);

> Yet another difficulty is that the list of available math functions
> does not contain some important functions, notably Bessel functions
> K0() and K1() (although some other Bessel functions are available).
> Are there any plans to extend the library by providing more functions
> and more elaborate support for I/O (like streams, for example)?
> More generally, are there any plans for further development of the
> library?

I do not think any further development is planned.

> Also, if there is any discussion list or other place where one can
> ask questions about the library, can you please indicate the address?
> Is there any place where one can contribute procedures to the library?

FX

* Re: libquadmath
       [not found]   ` <5fb4a113b85a2072eb26de46ddf61edc.squirrel@www.cyfronet.krakow.pl>
@ 2020-02-25 10:55     ` FX
From: FX @ 2020-02-25 10:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bieniasz Leslaw; +Cc: gcc

>> The following works for me:
>>
>> __float128 *x = calloc(sizeof(__float128), 8);
>
> Well, this does not work for me. The code compiles, but during execution
> the program crashes in this place.

You will need to investigate the crash in detail, then. Maybe it is due to memory alignment, and you could use aligned_alloc() instead?

FX