* H.J. Lu's frame.c patch is not included
@ 1997-11-07  1:26 Teemu Torma
From: Teemu Torma @ 1997-11-07  1:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

In egcs-971105, H.J. Lu's frame.c patch is not included, event
though ChangeLog suggests it.

Sun Oct 26 11:41:49 1997  Jason Merrill  <jason@yorick.cygnus.com>

	From H.J. Lu:
	* frame.c (count_fdes, add_fdes): Skip linked once FDE entries.

The code says:
      /* Skip CIEs and linked once FDE entries.  */
      if (this_fde->CIE_delta == 0 || this_fde->pc_range == 0)
	continue;

so it is not skipping entries when pc_begin == 0.
Is it a typo or just vanished somehow?  In either case, the current
code does not work unless pc_begin check is included.

Teemu

* Re: H.J. Lu's frame.c patch is not included
@ 1997-11-07 18:21 ` Jeffrey A Law
From: Jeffrey A Law @ 1997-11-07 18:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Teemu Torma; +Cc: egcs

  In message < 199711070926.KAA27169@baht.labs.trema.com >you write:
  > The code says:
  >       /* Skip CIEs and linked once FDE entries.  */
  >       if (this_fde->CIE_delta == 0 || this_fde->pc_range == 0)
  > 	continue;
  >
  > so it is not skipping entries when pc_begin == 0.
  > Is it a typo or just vanished somehow?  In either case, the current
  > code does not work unless pc_begin check is included.
Looks like Jason re-added it today...  Must have been a goof of
some kind.

jeff

* Re: H.J. Lu's frame.c patch is not included
@ 1997-11-07 10:33     ` Jason Merrill
From: Jason Merrill @ 1997-11-07 10:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Teemu Torma; +Cc: egcs

> Maybe the range is calculated by the assembler/linker before the linker
> removes the symbols?

You're right, my bad.

Jason

* H.J. Lu's frame.c patch is not included
@ 1997-11-07  2:43   ` Teemu Torma
From: Teemu Torma @ 1997-11-07  2:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jason Merrill; +Cc: egcs

    From:  Jason Merrill <jason@cygnus.com>
    Date:  07 Nov 1997 02:31:52 -0800

     > The code says:
    >       /* Skip CIEs and linked once FDE entries.  */
    >       if (this_fde->CIE_delta == 0 || this_fde->pc_range == 0)
    > 	continue;

    > so it is not skipping entries when pc_begin == 0.
    > Is it a typo or just vanished somehow?  In either case, the current
    > code does not work unless pc_begin check is included.

    Why not?  I expected that whenever pc_begin would be 0, pc_range would also
    be 0, since both the begin and end labels would be relocated to 0.  Is this
    not the case?

At least it does not seem to be the case, there are entries with
zero pc_begin non-zero pc_range.  I am using gas-970915 in this case.

       [not found] <199711070926.KAA27169.cygnus.egcs@baht.labs.trema.com>
@ 1997-11-07  2:32 ` Jason Merrill
From: Jason Merrill @ 1997-11-07  2:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Teemu Torma, egcs