* AIX & shared libstdc++
@ 1997-10-07  2:18 Andrey Slepuhin
From: Andrey Slepuhin @ 1997-10-07  2:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

Hi,

I tried to build egcs-970929 on AIX 4.2.1 configured with
--enable-shared
option. The resulting shared libstdc++ was only ~600K instead of ~3M
static one.
This is because AIX linker does not know what symbols must be exported.
Passing option -bexpall to linker did not solve the problem, so I tried
to build export file manually by hacking makeC++SharedLib script. After
removing some symbols causing linker warnings from resulting export
file,
I obtain shared libstdc++ with size ~2.3M and I can successfully link my
programs with this library.
I'm not sure that all my operation were correct and I can't check if all
necessary symbols are included into the export file. But it seems to me,
that the only way to receive correct shared version of libstdc++ on AIX
is to use explicit export file. Any help will be appreciated.

Regards,

Andrey Slepuhin,
Moscow State University

PS: Passing option -unix to linker is incorrect on AIX, because AIX
linker
    recognize it as option -u with a parameter "nix". As a result there
are
    many linker warnings.

[parent not found: <3439FE5B.53F1D3CC.cygnus.egcs@msu.ru>]