* $19.95 Canadian Internet Access
@ 1997-12-17 21:57 rick
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: rick @ 1997-12-17 21:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rick

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This message is intended for Canadians regarding a Brand
New Unlimited Internet Service for $19.95 per month!  Removal
instructions at the end of the page.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Canadian Internet User,

We are about to release a brand New Canadian Internet Access
for just $19.95 per month hosted by one of the World's Largest
Telecom Carriers.  If you would like to be notified of this new
service please hit Reply and put $19.95 in the Subject line.  You
will be notified within the next 7-10 days.

A Business Opportunity is also available.  If you would like info on
referral commissions please put $19.95/Rep in the subject line.

If this message has reached you in error we apologize.  We believe
in responsible direct emailing. If you wish to be removed from receiving
UCE's, simply put Remove in the subject line and we will add your
address to the Global remove database.

* Re: $19.95 Canadian Internet Access
@ 1997-12-17 23:12 ` Peter Gerwinski
From: Peter Gerwinski @ 1997-12-17 23:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

Your letter has been rejected by an anti-junk filter program.

If this is an error, please re-formulate your message to
avoid resemblance with junk e-mail prior to re-sending it.

This reply was generated automatically.

* REMOVE
@ 1997-12-18  0:40 ` Christoph Moar
From: Christoph Moar @ 1997-12-18  0:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

--
Christoph Moar (christoph.moar@mchp.siemens.de)  Tel. (++49) 89 636-44628
SIEMENS AG Corporate Technology                  Fax. (++49) 89 636-47457

* Re: REMOVE
@ 1997-12-18  6:56   ` John Vickers
From: John Vickers @ 1997-12-18  6:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

Perhaps you or your software should look at headers more carefully.

@ 1997-12-18 12:29 ` Joshua S. Allen
       [not found]   ` <allen@eecs.tulane.edu>
From: Joshua S. Allen @ 1997-12-18 12:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

* Re: REMOVE
       [not found]   ` <allen@eecs.tulane.edu>
@ 1997-12-18 15:29     ` Mark Schaefer
From: Mark Schaefer @ 1997-12-18 15:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

	Unfortunately, REMOVE has the exact opposite effect as you might think.
 Since you've now proven that egcs@cygnus.com is a responding e-mail address,
it will probably be moved up to a higher level of marketing.  I had a friend
who replied to one of those, and soon afterward was receiving 20+ junk mails a
day.

	The best strategy is to ignore as far as I can tell.

	Actually, another listserv I use will bounce e-mail that doesn't come
from a validated e-mail address.  This is probably the preferred method.  It's
a slight pain for people like me who have multiple e-mail accounts and forward
it around, but only a minor inconvenience for what you save in the long run.

--
Mark Schaefer

* remove
@ 1999-02-28 22:53 ` Esha