* NULL redeclared warnings?
@ 1998-01-29 12:34 David Cogen
From: David Cogen @ 1998-01-29 12:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs; +Cc: cogen

I was using egcs for a while, now have gone to gcc 2.8. I am now getting
warnings "NULL redeclared" whenever I include <sys/param.h>, because its NULL
conflicts with gcc's built in NULL. Is this a known problem, and is there a
workaround?

I am using gcc 2.8.0, Sun-Solaris-Sparc.

Apologies for sending this to egcs, but every past question to gcc lists has
been ignored or ridiculed; not exactly helpful. Besides, this may have
migrated back into an egcs release by now, perhaps?

Thanks for any help.

-- David Cogen

* Re: NULL redeclared warnings?
@ 1998-01-29 18:06 ` Jeffrey A Law
From: Jeffrey A Law @ 1998-01-29 18:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Cogen; +Cc: egcs

  In message < 9801291534.AA05135@LL.MIT.EDU >you write:
  > I was using egcs for a while, now have gone to gcc 2.8. I am now getting
  > warnings "NULL redeclared" whenever I include <sys/param.h>, because its NU  > LL
  > conflicts with gcc's built in NULL. Is this a known problem, and is there a
  > workaround?
I don't remember all the details about the "NULL" issue, though I
do remember us solving this problem a couple months ago (though at
the time I thought it was primarily a Linux problem...)

I'm sure if you go look through the egcs archives you'll find a rather
lengthy discussion of what the "right" definition of NULL should be.
(of course finding that discussion might be hard since we don't have
search capability on our mail archives yet).

jeff