* -O2 produces buggy code on i386?
@ 1998-02-22 16:39 Daniel Egger
From: Daniel Egger @ 1998-02-22 16:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

Hiho!

 I discovered a weird problem:

 I tried to compile egcs-980221 with egcs-980215 with the
 -O2 option (you know, I'd like to add an configure option doing that)
 somewhere he aborted reporting a strange linkfailure:
 He couldn't resolve the symbol __divid3 and likewise in cexp.o
 in the funktion yyparse...
 I deleted the file, changed to option to -O2 and surprise, surprise:
 He compiled and linked cccp without any problems....
 I had similar problems compiling g77 and glibc-980215....

--

Servus,
       Daniel

only message in thread, other threads:[~1998-02-22 16:39 UTC | newest]