* Help! link to MPI library in IBM SP2 machine running AIX 4.2
@ 1998-06-26 19:16 Wei Ku
From: Wei Ku @ 1998-06-26 19:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

I apologize if this question is stupid. I really
need help with linking a code with MPI library in IBM SP2 machine running AIX
4.2.

The source code is compiled with egcs 1.0.2 ( which will soon
be upgraded to 1.0.3 ). The MPI library needs to be linked dynamically at run
time. I would like to do it with the native compiler mpCC ( xlC with proper
parameters) :
[
 prompt> g++ -c -o mpi_mm.g++.o
mpi_mm.cpp
 prompt> mpCC -g -o matmulC.g++
mpi_mm.g++.o  ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .__main  ld:
0711-345 Use the -bloadmap or -bnoquiet option to obtain more
information.  make: 1254-004 The error code from the last command is
8. ]

Also, I read some information about collect2.
Does this kind of combination g++ plus mpCC( xlC ) properly initialize the
static object ?

Any reply is VERY appreciated. Thank you in
advance.

Sincerely, Wei Ku

*************************************** Department of Physics and
Astronomy The University of Tennessee weiku@utkux.utcc.utk.edu --------------------------------------- Solid
State Division Oak Ridge National Laboratory weiku@solid.ssd.ornl.gov ***************************************

* Re: Help! link to MPI library in IBM SP2 machine running AIX 4.2
@ 1998-06-27 10:50 ` David Edelsohn
From: David Edelsohn @ 1998-06-27 10:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wei Ku; +Cc: egcs

	Programs compiled with GCC need to be linked with GCC or you need
to manually play many additional games.  Is there a reason that you are
not using the GCC "-mpe" option to work with IBM SP2 PE/MPI?

David

	P.S. Wei, I cannot send email to any of your utk.edu addresses.