* egcs-1.1.1 issues
@ 1998-09-15 23:51 Jeffrey A Law
                   ` (4 more replies)
From: Jeffrey A Law @ 1998-09-15 23:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

We should be thinking about what bugs we want/need to address for
egcs-1.1.1.

As in previous minor releases, we want to concentrate on major bugs
only, not every bug that's been reported.

I haven't had a chance to walk back through the new bug reports, but
I have seen lots of problems reported with QT (particularly on Alphas)
and various PPC Linux problems.  So those problems should probably
deserve some consideration for egcs-1.1.1.

Basically I'd kind of like to hear from the various groups (C++,
Fortran, various backend/target folks) about the most serious bugs
they've seen reported against egcs-1.1 so that we can at least get
a list of things we'd like to fix, and from that list select the
ones that we actually can/should fix for egcs-1.1.1.

Note I'm unavailable next week.  I doubt anything significant
will happen on egcs-1.1.1 until early October anyway.

jeff

* Re: egcs-1.1.1 issues; Fortran
@ 1998-10-09  3:40 Jeffrey A. Law
From: Jeffrey A. Law @ 1998-10-09  3:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: toon; +Cc: egcs

  In message <9809161858.AA12914@moene.indiv.nluug.nl>you write:
  > >  Basically I'd kind of like to hear from the various groups
  > >  (C++, Fortran, various backend/target folks) about the
  > >  most serious bugs they've seen reported against egcs-1.1
  > >  so that we can at least get a list of things we'd like
  > >  to fix, and from that list select the ones that we
  > >  actually can/should fix for egcs-1.1.1.
  >
  > I think it would be a good idea to include the documentation
  > updates Craig sent in just after the release of 1.1 ;-)
Already installed.

  > and Dave's  "some g77 doc'toring".
This would be fine too if someone sends me the patch :-)  Or Dave can just
install the doc changes on the branch.

  > Furthermore, the "recursive I/O bug" patch (whichever was approved
  > by Craig) should go into libf2c (Note that I still see test suite
  > output coming in with a failure in io0.f, which tests this - did the
  > patch really go into the mainline ?).
I've given Dave the OK to install this fix on the branch too.

  > Other open bug reports _against the release_:
  >
  > On the 7th of September Marc Dejardin <Marc.Dejardin@cern.ch>
  > posted a report on an "internal error--insn does not satisfy its
  > constraints" when compiling a routine from CERNLIB on a powerpc
  > based machine.
  >
  > Looks like a powerpc backend problem.
No clue where we stand on this one.

jeff