* Re: gnu c compiler
       [not found] <412567EB.004F9E05.00@mta.amadeus.net>
@ 1999-09-13  8:43 ` David Edelsohn
From: David Edelsohn @ 1999-09-13  8:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rwenham; +Cc: gcc

>>>>> rwenham  writes:

Roger> I am having trouble compiling gcc for an RS6000/S7A.  The O/S is AIX 4.3.2.

Roger> Someone has compiled gcc sucessfully on a binary compatible 32 bit
Roger> platform for us, and it works well on AIX 4.3.2. Unfortunaltely it will not
Roger> compile 64 bit binaries.

Roger> * Was the gnu compiler ported to the AIX 4.3.2 64 bit platform?
Roger> * If and when I do get gcc to compile, can I compile and link 64 bit
Roger> applications with it?

	You do not specify which release of GCC you are using, what OS
release you are using to build it, and how you configured it, but gcc-2.95
does not exhibit this problem, so you presumably are using a backlevel
release of GCC.  The backlevel release of GCC also does not support 64-bit
applications, but gcc-2.95.1 fully supports compiling and linking 64-bit
AIX applications (use the -maix64 command-line option for both compiling
and linking).  Also, gcc-2.95 must be built on an AIX 4.3 system to
include 64-bit support -- you cannot build it on AIX 4.1 or AIX 4.2 and
access 64-bit support.

	Note that the "long long" error and "long long" support is not
releated to 64-bit support.

	I am using 64-bit support on AIX 4.3.2 S70 and 43P/260 systems
successfully.

David

	P.S. Do not send private messages to maintainers of GCC ports.
Please use the public mailinglists to ask questions.

David Edelsohn                                      T.J. Watson Research Center
dje@watson.ibm.com                                  P.O. Box 218
+1 914 945 4364 (TL 862)                            Yorktown Heights, NY 10598

* Re: gnu c compiler
@ 1999-09-30 18:02   ` David Edelsohn
From: David Edelsohn @ 1999-09-30 18:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rwenham; +Cc: gcc

@ 2002-02-20 13:55 mike stump
From: mike stump @ 2002-02-20 13:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: avmarais, gcc

> Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 17:31:36 +0200
> From: "Alex Marais" <avmarais@grintek.com>
> To: <gcc@gcc.gnu.org>

> I am currently using the GNU Toolkit Version 2.7.2. (with Tornado II
> VxWorks).

> Does the latest GNU (Tornado II VxWorks) C++ compiler support
> namespaces?

C++ in Tornado II (2.0) does not.  C++ from the FSF does in the latest
FSF release.

* Re: GNU C++ compiler...
@ 2002-02-20  9:57   ` Gabriel Dos Reis
From: Gabriel Dos Reis @ 2002-02-20  9:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zack Weinberg; +Cc: Alex Marais, gcc

Zack Weinberg <zack@codesourcery.com> writes:

| GNU C++ version 3.0 and later has complete support for namespaces,

GCC-2.95.x also had support for namespaces -- the notable exceptions
being std:: which were treated like ::, and using-declarations being
ignored in templates.

-- Gaby
CodeSourcery, LLC                       http://www.codesourcery.com

* Re: GNU C++ compiler...
@ 2002-02-20  9:34 ` Zack Weinberg
From: Zack Weinberg @ 2002-02-20  9:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alex Marais; +Cc: gcc

On Wed, Feb 20, 2002 at 05:31:36PM +0200, Alex Marais wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am currently using the GNU Toolkit Version 2.7.2. (with Tornado II VxWorks).
>
> Does the latest GNU (Tornado II VxWorks) C++ compiler support namespaces?

Questions about the compiler bundled with VxWorks should be directed
to Wind River's technical support division.

GNU C++ version 3.0 and later has complete support for namespaces, and
the standard C++ library has been moved into namespace std.  I do not
know whether it is possible to use GCC 3.x as distributed by the FSF
with VxWorks; some configuration information does exist, but it may
be out of date.

zw

* GNU C++ compiler...
@ 2002-02-20  8:07 Alex Marais
From: Alex Marais @ 2002-02-20  8:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hi,

Does the latest GNU (Tornado VxWorks) C++ compiler support namespaces?

Speedy feedback is much appreciated.
Thanks

Alex
Avitronics South Africa

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com

* GNU C++ compiler...
@ 2002-02-20  7:32 Alex Marais
From: Alex Marais @ 2002-02-20  7:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hi,

I am currently using the GNU Toolkit Version 2.7.2. (with Tornado II VxWorks).

Does the latest GNU (Tornado II VxWorks) C++ compiler support namespaces?

Speedy feedback is much appreciated.
Thanks

Alex
Avitronics South Africa

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com

* Re: GNU C compiler
@ 2000-01-02 21:48 ` Dave Topham
From: Dave Topham @ 2000-01-02 21:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Lundon; +Cc: gcc

My two favorites are:
 http://www.delorie.com/djgpp/    for DOS  (has great IDE)    and...
 http://sourceware.cygnus.com/cygwin/   for 32bit Windows  (no IDE)

Michael Lundon wrote:

> Greetings,
> Could anyone tell me where to find a free download of
> a GNU C compiler?  I used one at Massey University but
> lost the disk.  The computer I am using has winzip and
> I think it has a Pentium class processor.
> Thanks,
> Yours Digitally,
> Michael Lundon

> http://messenger.yahoo.com