* Re: gcc4.3 configuring problems with mpfr
@ 2008-06-22  7:11 pradeep sanchana
From: pradeep sanchana @ 2008-06-22  7:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Swapna.Pawar; +Cc: gcc, mtrudel, Prafulla.Thakare

Please check the symbols in the library existing or not.

>>error
>>while configuring the mingw cross compiler for m32c-elf,

As you are saying you are facing problem with mingw.
Make sure you are using the  gmp and mpfr libraries build for mingw
Please build mingw gmp and mpfr libraries use the configuration options
--with-mpfr,--with-gmp,--includedir,
I guess by this you can solve the issue.

Thanks and Regards,
Pradeep Sanchana

* Re: gcc4.3 configuring problems with mpfr
@ 2008-04-02  6:19 ` Jim Wilson
From: Jim Wilson @ 2008-04-02  6:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Swapna Pawar; +Cc: mtrudel, gcc, Prafulla Thakare

Swapna Pawar wrote:
> configure:4542: checking for correct version of mpfr.h
> configure:4573: i386-pc-mingw32msvc-gcc -o conftest.exe -O2
> -I/home/manjunathm1/gmp/prefix/include
> -I/home/manjunathm1/mpfr/prefix/include   conftest.c  -L/h
> ome/manjunathm1/gmp/prefix/lib -L/home/manjunathm1/mpfr/prefix/lib
> -lmpfr -lgmp >&5
> /tmp/cc9dzbXZ.o(.text+0x23):conftest.c: undefined reference to
> `mpfr_init'

Are the -I and -L options correct?

Run the command by hand with --save-temps and look at the .i file and
verify that the right header files got included.

Run the command by hand with -Wl,--verbose and verify that the right
libraries got linked in.

Look at the installed libraries and make sure that they contain the
functions in question, i.e. make sure that they were built and installed
correctly.

Maybe try installing gmp and mpfr in the same place instead of in two
different places?

Jim

* RE: gcc4.3 configuring problems with mpfr
@ 2008-04-01 13:19 Swapna Pawar
From: Swapna Pawar @ 2008-04-01 13:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mtrudel; +Cc: gcc, Prafulla Thakare, Swapna Pawar

Hi,

I am facing the same problem as mentioned by you. Is there any solution
or workaround? Please guide.

I have successfully built the mingw native compiler with the following
sources,

mingw-runtime-3.12
w32api-3.9
binutils-2.17.50-20060824-1-src
gcc-3.4.5-20060117-1

I want to build the mingw cross compiler for m32c-elf. The sources used
for this cross
compiler are as follows:

gcc-4.3.0
binutils-2.18
newlib-1.15.0

GCC-4.3.0 requires pre-built GMP and MPFR libraries. I get the following
error
while configuring the mingw cross compiler for m32c-elf,

configure: error: Building GCC requires GMP 4.1+ and MPFR 2.3.0+.

I have used GMP 4.2.2 and MPFR 2.3.0 sources.

I have specified the paths of GMP and MPFR install directories as
"--with-gmp=<install dir>" and "--with-mpfr=<install dir>". I tried
exporting
LD_LIBRARY_PATH also, but I still get error during configure.
The error is as follows,

configure:4542: checking for correct version of mpfr.h
configure:4573: i386-pc-mingw32msvc-gcc -o conftest.exe -O2
-I/home/manjunathm1/gmp/prefix/include
-I/home/manjunathm1/mpfr/prefix/include   conftest.c  -L/h
ome/manjunathm1/gmp/prefix/lib -L/home/manjunathm1/mpfr/prefix/lib
-lmpfr -lgmp >&5
/tmp/cc9dzbXZ.o(.text+0x23):conftest.c: undefined reference to
`mpfr_init'
/tmp/cc9dzbXZ.o(.text+0x2b):conftest.c: undefined reference to
`mpfr_init'
/tmp/cc9dzbXZ.o(.text+0x35):conftest.c: undefined reference to
`mpfr_atan2'
/tmp/cc9dzbXZ.o(.text+0x41):conftest.c: undefined reference to
`mpfr_erfc'
/tmp/cc9dzbXZ.o(.text+0x4d):conftest.c: undefined reference to
`mpfr_subnormalize'

Any help on this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Swapna Pawar
KPIT Cummins Infosystems Ltd,