* GCC test failures due to GDB session errors?
@ 2019-11-26 23:51 Martin Sebor
From: Martin Sebor @ 2019-11-26 23:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Every now and then I see test suite failures in my builds that
I can't reproduce when I then execute the tests individually
via a make check target.  In the test log there often (always?)
are the following messages around those failures:

&"warning: GDB: Failed to set controlling terminal: Operation not
permitted\n"
FAIL: gcc.dg/torture/pr56488.c   -Os  (test for excess errors)
Excess errors:
&"warning: GDB: Failed to set controlling terminal: Operation not
permitted\n"

I run the tests on the same machine I develop and debug GCC on
at the same time, but that's all in separate directories (i.e.,
separate sources and separate build directory for each).  Is it
possible that these GDB messages are getting intercepted by
the test run somehow and causing these failures?  Is there
some way to avoid them?

Martin

PS My GDB is GNU gdb (GDB) Fedora 8.2-7.fc29.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2019-11-26 23:51 UTC | newest]