* Does the assembler as-MCORE support preprocessing ?
@ 2002-10-02  5:12 liu kunjie
From: liu kunjie @ 2002-10-02  5:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain; charset=gb2312; format=flowed, Size: 666 bytes --]

Dear sir :
    I download and setup the MTCgnu4.6 from internet  to simlate the M310
core using the assembly program, but the document of as-MCORE doesn't
direct me how to use preprocessing in M310 assembly language.
   Can you give me some advices on how to define macros using the M310
assembly language and what kinds of preprocessing standard the as-MCORE
support ?

                       thank you!

http://messenger.microsoft.com/cn/

* Re: Does the assembler as-MCORE support preprocessing ?
@ 2002-10-02 13:52 ` Mike Stump
From: Mike Stump @ 2002-10-02 13:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: liu kunjie; +Cc: gcc

On Wednesday, October 2, 2002, at 01:02 AM, liu kunjie wrote:
> Dear sir :    I download and setup the MTCgnu4.6 from internet  to
> simlate the M310 core using the assembly program, but the document of
> as-MCORE doesn't direct me how to use preprocessing in M310 assembly
> language.   Can you give me some advices on how to define macros using
> the M310 assembly language and what kinds of preprocessing standard
> the as-MCORE support ?
>                                                  thank you!

If it uses gas, you can try checking out the binutils documentation for
features of GNU as or gasp, and if that doesn't clarify things, then
you can check the binutils list.

Also, you can use cpp to preprocess the assembly file if you want, just
name the file foo.S.  There is an entire section devoted to cpp in the
gcc manual.  Please see the gcc manual for more information about this.