* Tree Browser
@ 2010-05-04 19:12 Wolfgang kaifler
From: Wolfgang kaifler @ 2010-05-04 19:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hi,

I've tried to use the treebrowser described at http://gcc.gnu.org/projects/tree-ssa/tree-browser.html
I configuired gcc-4.5.0 with ... --enable-checking --enable-tree-browse --enable-tree-checking ...
Compilation was OK, a gcc/tree-browser.o exists.

Now i'm able to launch gdb and step through the code, etc.

When I type the suggested command, I get

(gdb) p browse_tree (current_function_decl)
No symbol "browse_tree" in current context.
(gdb)

What i'm doing wrong? Any ideas?

Thanks,
Wolfgang

* Re: Tree Browser
@ 2010-05-13 21:45 ` Diego Novillo
From: Diego Novillo @ 2010-05-13 21:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wolfgang kaifler; +Cc: gcc

On 5/4/10 15:11 , Wolfgang kaifler wrote:

> (gdb) p browse_tree (current_function_decl)
> No symbol "browse_tree" in current context.
> (gdb)
>
> What i'm doing wrong? Any ideas?

The tree browser code has bitrotted to the point that I think it should
be removed, unfortunately.  It's a great candidate to be re-implemented
as a plugin.

I know this does not help you much.  Sorry.  In this case, it is likely
that since there are no calls to browse_tree anywhere in the code, the
linker is removing it.  Are you building cc1 with -O0?

Diego.

* Re: Tree Browser
@ 2010-05-14 11:19   ` Richard Guenther
From: Richard Guenther @ 2010-05-14 11:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Diego Novillo; +Cc: Wolfgang kaifler, gcc

On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 11:45 PM, Diego Novillo <dnovillo@google.com> wrote:
> On 5/4/10 15:11 , Wolfgang kaifler wrote:
>
>> (gdb) p browse_tree (current_function_decl)
>> No symbol "browse_tree" in current context.
>> (gdb)
>>
>> What i'm doing wrong? Any ideas?
>
> The tree browser code has bitrotted to the point that I think it should
> be removed, unfortunately.  It's a great candidate to be re-implemented
> as a plugin.
>
> I know this does not help you much.  Sorry.  In this case, it is likely
> that since there are no calls to browse_tree anywhere in the code, the
> linker is removing it.  Are you building cc1 with -O0?

It probably also can be re-implemented as gdb python script?

Richard.

> Diego.

* Re: Tree Browser
@ 2010-05-14 11:52     ` Diego Novillo
From: Diego Novillo @ 2010-05-14 11:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Guenther; +Cc: Wolfgang kaifler, gcc

On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 07:18, Richard Guenther
<richard.guenther@gmail.com> wrote:

> It probably also can be re-implemented as gdb python script?

Really?  Wicked.  I like that.

Diego.

* Re: Tree Browser
@ 2010-06-02  6:23 Eric Fisher
From: Eric Fisher @ 2010-06-02  6:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc, wolfgang8080

Hi,

Try using gcc-vcg-plugin to browse tree and cfg during debug gcc. It's
just an initial version for now. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
:-)

http://code.google.com/p/gcc-vcg-plugin/

Thanks,
Eric Fisher