* Re: reproducing C source code from gcc parse tree?
@ 2001-10-09  8:29 Alexandre E. Kopilovitch
From: Alexandre E. Kopilovitch @ 2001-10-09  8:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc; +Cc: dennis, dnovillo

On Mon, 8 Oct 2001 19:52:14 -0400  Diego Novillo wrote:
>On Mon, 08 Oct 2001, Dennis Dams wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is there any functionality in gcc that allows to reproduce C source
>> code from a parse tree (i.e. from the tree representation as defined
>> in tree.h)?
>>
>Nope.  It shouldn't be too hard, though.

I can confirm that, at least partially - for the C++ classes and the method
declarations within them - I have done that work for sufficiently big and complex
collection of the classes, using gcc 3.0 . But I warn you that if you are going
to play with the attributes, then you may meet several annoying errors in gcc,
some of them are hard to locate and fix (not being accustomed with the gcc).
And I didn't deal with the expressions (except of trivial cases in the default
values for the parameters) and the templates.
  The documentation (chapter "Trees" in the gcc manual) gives a more or less
suitable starting point, but in many cases you should find a proper macro yourself
(and yes, you may expect that it exists somewhere in tree.h ).

Alexander Kopilovitch                      aek@vib.usr.pu.ru
Saint-Petersburg
Russia

* Re: reproducing C source code from gcc parse tree?
@ 2001-10-08 16:52 ` Diego Novillo
From: Diego Novillo @ 2001-10-08 16:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dennis Dams; +Cc: gcc

On Mon, 08 Oct 2001, Dennis Dams wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there any functionality in gcc that allows to reproduce C source
> code from a parse tree (i.e. from the tree representation as defined
> in tree.h)?

Nope.  It shouldn't be too hard, though.

Diego.

* reproducing C source code from gcc parse tree?
@ 2001-10-08  8:55 Dennis Dams
From: Dennis Dams @ 2001-10-08  8:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hi,

Is there any functionality in gcc that allows to reproduce C source
code from a parse tree (i.e. from the tree representation as defined
in tree.h)?
--Dennis.

Dennis R. Dams                      | EMAIL: D.Dams@tue.nl
(temporarily at:) Bell Labs         |    or: dennis@research.bell-labs.com
Lucent Technologies, MH 2C-305      | VOICE: +1 908 582 8859
600 Mountain Avenue                 |   FAX: +1 908 582 5857
Murray Hill, New Jersey 07974, USA  |   WEB: http://www.ics.ele.tue.nl/~dennis