* Adding -Wshadow=local to gcc build rules
@ 2019-09-18 13:08 Bernd Edlinger
                   ` (4 more replies)
From: Bernd Edlinger @ 2019-09-18 13:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hi,

I'm currently trying to add -Wshadow=local to the gcc build rules.
I started with -Wshadow, but gave up that idea immediately.

As you could expect the current code base has plenty of shadowed
local variables.  Most are trivial to resolve, some are less trivial.
I am not finished yet, but it is clear that it will be a rather big
patch.

I would like to ask you if you agree that would be a desirable step,
in improving code quality in the gcc tree.

Thanks
Bernd.