* Bugzilla and gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org
@ 2003-05-23 10:32 Richard Earnshaw
From: Richard Earnshaw @ 2003-05-23 10:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc; +Cc: Richard.Earnshaw

I'd like to suggest that gcc-bugs be used only for NEW reports being
entered into bugzilla, and that some other list (maybe the currently
defunct gcc-prs) be used for all audit-trail mailings and follow-ups.

The problem we had in the past was that gcc-bugs and gcc-prs overlapped by
about 95%, which meant that both lists were practically useless.  Keeping
gcc-bugs as a repository for new reports only would enable developers to
easily spot new bug reports coming in without having to wade through piles
of junk.

R.

* Re: Bugzilla and gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org
@ 2003-05-23 14:15 ` Jason Thorpe
From: Jason Thorpe @ 2003-05-23 14:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard.Earnshaw; +Cc: gcc

On Friday, May 23, 2003, at 03:26  AM, Richard Earnshaw wrote:

> I'd like to suggest that gcc-bugs be used only for NEW reports being
> entered into bugzilla, and that some other list (maybe the currently
> defunct gcc-prs) be used for all audit-trail mailings and follow-ups.

I think this is a great idea.  It would certainly help me keep up with
it.

* Re: Bugzilla and gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org
@ 2003-05-23 14:59   ` Andrew Pinski
From: Andrew Pinski @ 2003-05-23 14:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jason Thorpe; +Cc: Andrew Pinski, Richard.Earnshaw, gcc

Think it should be the opposite as it was under GNAT.

Thanks,
Andrew Pinski

@ 2003-05-23 20:01 ` Neil Booth
From: Neil Booth @ 2003-05-23 20:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard.Earnshaw; +Cc: gcc

Richard Earnshaw wrote:-

> I'd like to suggest that gcc-bugs be used only for NEW reports being
> entered into bugzilla, and that some other list (maybe the currently
> defunct gcc-prs) be used for all audit-trail mailings and follow-ups.

I'd like to see bugs that are closed too (in the GNATS sense).

Neil.