Hi everyone, My name is Rishi Raj, and I am a third-year undergraduate studying Computer Science and Engineering at the Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur in India. I wish to participate in this year's GSOC with GCC. My progress so far: 1. Successfully built the GCC from source using the installing gcc guide. (I will run the test suite today.) 2. Read about different configuration options during installations and also went through the gcc-newbies-guide, which was an exciting read and provided an overview of how to proceed in gcc-contribution. I want to extend my appreciation to David for this. After reading about the suggested projects described on GCC's GSOC page, I found "Bypass assembler when generating LTO object files" and "C++: Implement compiler built-in traits for the standard library traits" interesting. Currently, I am examining the preliminary patch https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2014-09/msg00340.html for the first project. I can work on a small project/patch after this in a day or two. I would greatly appreciate your suggestions for the same. I have taken compiler theory and laboratory courses as a part of my institute curriculum. In the laboratory, we designed a tiny-c compiler (a subset of GCC). In theory, I learned about different phases of compilations, various optimization techniques, etc. Please find my course website link for a detailed overview: https://cse.iitkgp.ac.in/~bivasm/compiler2022.html#Lecture This course was the starting point of my interest in compiler development, and I want to take it further by making meaningful contributions to GCC. I hope to make some significant contributions to GCC this summer and in the future. I would appreciate any suggestions on taking on a small patch/project or delving deeper into the projects I am interested in pursuing. Best regards, Rishi Raj