From: Siddhartha Sen <siddhartha99.sen@gmail.com>
To: gcc@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Fwd: [GSOC] variations in testsuite results
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2018 22:17:00 -0000	[thread overview]

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Siddhartha Sen <siddhartha99.sen@gmail.com>
Date: Sat 1 Dec, 2018, 2:01 AM
Subject: Re: [GSOC] variations in testsuite results
To: <mjambor@suse.cz>

Hi Martin,
                I apologise for the late reply.My semester end exams are
currently going on and I am finding it a bit difficult to devote time for
this. However, this time I have taken a bit different approach and it has
worked perfectly fine. I don't know what went wrong the last time,but this
is what I did this time:

Firstly,I use an x86_64(Ubuntu 18.04) since you asked,although I am not
sure whether that was a big factor or not. Anyways, I checked out the
source code. I checked on the internet to find that a few missing libraries
were required to compile gcc. Initially I was going to install them by hand
but then I realised it woud be a long process, considering I had to get
each one of those as well as check each of their versions,etc. So I used
the script that has been bundled with the source about which,to be honest,
I was unaware of until very recently. Then, I initially unset everything
and then enabled 'langages' and 'gold' and disabled 'libquadmath'(the quad
math library),werror' and 'bootstrap'.(A quick question:Did I also need to
disable the support for quadmath as well?).I thought of using the default
ld linker instead of the gold linker, but then I read somewhere gold linker
worked faster for c++ projects. Finally I compiled it(which took a bit
longer than it should have) and installed it for usage.I was actually
experimenting a bit and went a bit further and added it as an environment
variable through the export command. And that was all. Please let me know
what you thought and tell me what to do next.
Thank You.