* add sourcefiles to gcc
@ 2005-06-22 12:47 nico
From: nico @ 2005-06-22 12:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hi,

if I want to add some source to the gcc, what do I have to do?

I think the source files have to be in the gcc-subdirectory. Then I
have to change the Makefile.in in the same directory ( I didn't found
any hint that this file is generated by autogen or automake - so I
think it has to be changed manually).

Do I forget something?

Best regards, NM

* Re: add sourcefiles to gcc
@ 2005-06-22 17:52 ` Rafael Espíndola
From: Rafael Espíndola @ 2005-06-22 17:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nico; +Cc: gcc

On 6/22/05, nico <core-icke@arcor.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> if I want to add some source to the gcc, what do I have to do?
It depends where do you want to link the file. If is going into a
front end for a language other the c then it must go in
gcc/<lang>

I am not very familiar with the global structure of gcc, but I am sure
that someone can help you if you describe what will be in the file.

> Best regards, NM

Rafael

* Re: add sourcefiles to gcc
@ 2005-06-23  8:10   ` nico
From: nico @ 2005-06-23  8:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rafael Espíndola; +Cc: gcc

On Jun 22, 2005, at 7:52 PM, Rafael Espíndola wrote:

> It depends where do you want to link the file. If is going into a
> front end for a language other the c then it must go in
> gcc/<lang>

It should be part of the middle end. A kind of dump-option.

Nico

* Re: add sourcefiles to gcc
@ 2005-06-23 12:43     ` Rafael Espíndola
From: Rafael Espíndola @ 2005-06-23 12:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nico; +Cc: gcc

> It should be part of the middle end. A kind of dump-option.
much better :)
take a look at
tree-dump.c:dump_function

> Nico