* Broken links for 4.9.4 manuals
@ 2017-01-14 12:21 Unknown
From: Unknown @ 2017-01-14 12:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hi!

I found the official GCC page for manuals[1].
But unfortunately, the libstdc++ docs for my compiler version (4.9.4)
cannot be accessed due to broken links on the webpage.

These are the ones that do not work presently:

GCC-4.9.4 Manuals
 - GCC 4.9.4 Standard C++ Library Manual  (also in PDF or XML or
an HTML tarball)
 - GCC 4.9.4 Standard C++ Library Reference
Manual  (also in PDF or XML GPL or XML GDL or an HTML tarball

Please note that none of the PDF/XML/Tarball/others work.

Could someone fix them up?

Thanks!

Ashish Gupta

For questions related to the use of GCC, please consult these web pages
and the GCC manuals. If that fails, the gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org mailing
list might help. Comments on these web pages and the development of GCC
are welcome on our developer list at gcc@gcc.gnu.org. All of our lists
have public archives.

[1] : https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/

* Re: Broken links for 4.9.4 manuals
@ 2017-01-15  1:24 ` Jonathan Wakely
From: Jonathan Wakely @ 2017-01-15  1:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Unknown; +Cc: gcc

On 14 January 2017 at 12:21, Unknown wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I found the official GCC page for manuals[1].
> But unfortunately, the libstdc++ docs for my compiler version (4.9.4)
> cannot be accessed due to broken links on the webpage.
>
> These are the ones that do not work presently:
>
> GCC-4.9.4 Manuals
>  - GCC 4.9.4 Standard C++ Library Manual  (also in PDF or XML or
> an HTML tarball)
>  - GCC 4.9.4 Standard C++ Library Reference
> Manual  (also in PDF or XML GPL or XML GDL or an HTML tarball
>
> Please note that none of the PDF/XML/Tarball/others work.
>
> Could someone fix them up?

Yes, I can do that. In the meanwhile you can use the (almost
identical) docs for 4.9.3 instead, by manually changing the URLs from
4.9.4 to 4.9.3 e.g.

https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-4.9.3/libstdc++/manual/

Thanks for pointing it out.

* Re: Broken links for 4.9.4 manuals
@ 2017-01-15 12:50   ` Jonathan Wakely
From: Jonathan Wakely @ 2017-01-15 12:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Unknown; +Cc: gcc

On 15 January 2017 at 01:23, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
> On 14 January 2017 at 12:21, Unknown wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> I found the official GCC page for manuals[1].
>> But unfortunately, the libstdc++ docs for my compiler version (4.9.4)
>> cannot be accessed due to broken links on the webpage.
>>
>> These are the ones that do not work presently:
>>
>> GCC-4.9.4 Manuals
>>  - GCC 4.9.4 Standard C++ Library Manual  (also in PDF or XML or
>> an HTML tarball)
>>  - GCC 4.9.4 Standard C++ Library Reference
>> Manual  (also in PDF or XML GPL or XML GDL or an HTML tarball
>>
>> Please note that none of the PDF/XML/Tarball/others work.
>>
>> Could someone fix them up?
>
> Yes, I can do that. In the meanwhile you can use the (almost
> identical) docs for 4.9.3 instead, by manually changing the URLs from
> 4.9.4 to 4.9.3 e.g.
>
> https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-4.9.3/libstdc++/manual/
>
> Thanks for pointing it out.

The Libstdc++ docs for 4.9.4 are online now, all the links should be
working correctly.

Thanks again.

* Re: Broken links for 4.9.4 manuals
@ 2017-01-15 16:50     ` Ashish Gupta
From: Ashish Gupta @ 2017-01-15 16:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Wakely; +Cc: gcc

Thanks for the quick fix, and also for the 4.9.3 suggestion!

Regards,
Ashish Gupta