Hello GCC Community, I am Pranil Dey, a 4th year undergraduate student of the Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur currently pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science and Engineering. I am interested in contributing to the GCC projects under GSoC, specifically the projects : "Offloading to a separate process on the same host" and "Improve nothrow detection in GCC". I have worked on inter process communication in college operating systems projects which have helped me understand more about shared memory, pipes and multithreading concepts. I have also taken compiler design theory and laboratory courses as a part of my institute curriculum. In the lab we designed a Tiny-C compiler (a subset of GCC). Although I have no experience with big projects like GCC, I have built the codebase and am currently trying to understand it further. I would like some pointers to start understanding and contributing to these projects along with any helpful resources/reading material for delving deeper into the relevant topic. Any guidance on proposal formulation will also be appreciated greatly. Thank You, -- Pranil Dey Student of Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur Dept. of Computer Science and Engineering