* FW: Redesigning the GCC website
@ 2022-07-29 22:19 Vibby A. Bibby
From: Vibby A. Bibby @ 2022-07-29 22:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hello!
Nothing contained in this email is meant as an attack. The GCC compiler is
a wonderful piece of software and by God I'll do anything to avoid writing
ASM code.
However, the website for the GCC is... shall we say... "bad". It looks
outdated compared to the GNU project's homepage. Unfortunately, a few of my
friends seem to think so too, and I would like to lend a hand in
redesigning it. A piece of software as fine as GCC deserves a website to
reflect the quality of the software! Let me know if you're interested and
I'll get to work :)

~ VideoToblinski

* Re: FW: Redesigning the GCC website
@ 2022-07-29 22:38 Dave Blanchard
From: Dave Blanchard @ 2022-07-29 22:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

> However, the website for the GCC is... shall we say... "bad".

No, we shall not say that. We shall in fact loudly compliment the GCC web site as being "very well designed", because it serves exactly the purpose it's meant to serve with minimal distraction, while loading quickly on my slow connection.

> It looks outdated compared to the GNU project's homepage.

"Outdated" is a high compliment these days, when everything around us is turning into absolute dogshit. Modernism is a mental disease.

> Unfortunately, a few of my friends seem to think so too, and I would like to lend a hand in redesigning it.

We're just fine, thanks.

--
Dave Blanchard <dave@killthe.net>