* Fwd: Google Summer of Code 2011 Doc Camp 17 October - 21 October
       [not found] <CAEkQO63sEoCU1Q748B9MfiKbf_PEzjwoXs_zh-sAL826oK=fvg@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2011-07-12 16:05 ` Diego Novillo
From: Diego Novillo @ 2011-07-12 16:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

We discussed this briefly at the recent London meetings.  If anyone is
interested in participating, please contact me.

Diego.

From: Philip Herron @ 2011-07-12 17:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Diego Novillo; +Cc: gcc

On 12 July 2011 16:07, Diego Novillo <dnovillo@google.com> wrote:

> We discussed this briefly at the recent London meetings.  If anyone is
> interested in participating, please contact me.
>

> Diego.

Would Gcc internals documentation count or is it more for a whole
project documentation work? I probably missed the thing about this in
London since i had to leave on the Sunday morning.

I am kind of interested but i am unsure what kind of documentation
would be appropriate i've spent the last few days working on some
internals documentation on and off so its kind of fresh in my mind.

--Phil

* Re: Google Summer of Code 2011 Doc Camp 17 October - 21 October
@ 2011-07-12 17:59     ` Diego Novillo
From: Diego Novillo @ 2011-07-12 17:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Philip Herron; +Cc: gcc

On 11-07-12 12:52 , Philip Herron wrote:

> Would Gcc internals documentation count or is it more for a whole
> project documentation work? I probably missed the thing about this in
> London since i had to leave on the Sunday morning.
>
> I am kind of interested but i am unsure what kind of documentation
> would be appropriate i've spent the last few days working on some
> internals documentation on and off so its kind of fresh in my mind.

Any kind of documentation is fine.  Internals, user documentation, etc.

Diego.

* Re: Google Summer of Code 2011 Doc Camp 17 October - 21 October
@ 2011-07-13 11:42       ` Philip Herron
From: Philip Herron @ 2011-07-13 11:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Diego Novillo; +Cc: gcc

On 12 July 2011 18:29, Diego Novillo <dnovillo@google.com> wrote:
> On 11-07-12 12:52 , Philip Herron wrote:
>
>> Would Gcc internals documentation count or is it more for a whole
>> project documentation work? I probably missed the thing about this in
>> London since i had to leave on the Sunday morning.
>>
>> I am kind of interested but i am unsure what kind of documentation
>> would be appropriate i've spent the last few days working on some
>> internals documentation on and off so its kind of fresh in my mind.
>
> Any kind of documentation is fine.  Internals, user documentation, etc.
>

> Diego.

I am quite interested in applying for this but not quite sure what my
proposal should be like. Should i just discuss my interest in
front-end and middle-end stuff and the lack of documentation currently
etc.

Plus the question "Who else would you like to recommend to attend the
book sprint?"

I can only think of you and Ian off the top of my head but i would
suggest Andi who has helped me a lot especially in documentation.

--Phil

* Re: Google Summer of Code 2011 Doc Camp 17 October - 21 October
@ 2011-07-13 12:31         ` Diego Novillo
From: Diego Novillo @ 2011-07-13 12:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Philip Herron; +Cc: gcc

On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 07:09, Philip Herron <redbrain@gcc.gnu.org> wrote:

> I am quite interested in applying for this but not quite sure what my
> proposal should be like. Should i just discuss my interest in
> front-end and middle-end stuff and the lack of documentation currently
> etc.

Given that you are volunteering to produce documentation, I would say
that you should propose something that interests you.  I would
particularly want to see more beginners and internal documentation
(which would be appropriate for the Quick Start guides described in
the call for proposals).

> Plus the question "Who else would you like to recommend to attend the
> book sprint?"

Anyone who is interested in writing documentation, of course.

Diego.