* Prof Laurie Hendren passed away
@ 2019-05-30 17:34 Diego Novillo via gcc
From: Diego Novillo via gcc @ 2019-05-30 17:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Dear community,

Although I have not been involved with GCC for a number of years, I would
like to share with the whole community the sad news that Prof Laurie
Hendren passed away recently.  Her work on SIMPLE was a key inspiration for
the Tree SSA work in the early 2000s (
https://www.gnu.org/software/gcc/projects/tree-ssa/).

I briefly interacted with Laurie when she agreed to be an external reviewer
for my PhD thesis and, later on, when we started working on GIMPLE.  She
taught me a lot and was always ready to help and offer guidance, with a
smile and keen insight.  I will always be grateful for that.

Here is the announcement from McGill:
https://www.cs.mcgill.ca/news/105/

Laurie's wikipedia page:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laurie_Hendren

Albert Cohen tells me that SIGPLAN is preparing a formal post, and a
statement at PLDI next month. Probably more.

Diego.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2019-05-30 17:34 UTC | newest]