* Re: [GCC Wiki] Update of "BuildInfrastructure" by ManuelLópezIbáñez
@ 2011-10-23 18:59 Manuel López-Ibáñez
From: Manuel López-Ibáñez @ 2011-10-23 18:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Manuel!

On Sun, 23 Oct 2011 13:06:43 -0000, GCC Wiki <noreply@gcc.gnu.org> wrote:
> > The "BuildInfrastructure" page has been changed by ManuelLópezIbáñez:
> > http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/BuildInfrastructure?action=diff&rev1=1&rev2=2
> >
> > Comment:
> > remove duplicated info, point to more complete info
> >

> >   GCC currently uses GNU Autoconf 2.64.
> >
> > - Regenerate all files:
> > + [[Regenerating_GCC_Configuration#Regenerating_All_.27.27configure.27.27_Files|Regenerate all files]]
> >
> > + See also [[Regenerating_GCC_Configuration]]
> > - {{{
> > - $ find ./ -name configure.ac | while read f; do (cd "$(dirname "$f")"/ && autoconf2.64); done
> > - }}}
>Thank you -- Regenerating_GCC_Configuration was exactly the page that I
>had been looking for yesterday (and that I had been editing before!),
>before adding the new BuildInfrastructure, but it apparently is not
>linked to from anywhere I looked, and searching for ``autoconf'' didn't
>turn it up (huh, any explanation?).

The wiki search is quite broken, and the wiki is unmaintained in
general. I don't think the version of moinmoin used by GCC's wiki is
even supported anymore. And does any one else have admin access? Mine
is partially broken, I actually need to login as Daniel Berlin to
perform despam (which most of the time does not work anyway).

> I suggest that I tear down BuildInfrastructure, and instead link to
> Regenerating_GCC_Configuration from GettingStarted.  Or does anyone have
> any plans on extending a BuildInfrastructure page?

Fine by me!

Grüße,
 Thomas

* Re: [GCC Wiki] Update of "BuildInfrastructure" by ManuelLópezIbáñez
@ 2011-10-23 21:21   ` Jonathan Wakely
From: Jonathan Wakely @ 2011-10-23 21:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Schwinge; +Cc: manuel.lopez-ibanez, gcc

On 23 October 2011 14:32, Thomas Schwinge wrote:

>>   GCC currently uses GNU Autoconf 2.64.
>>
>> - Regenerate all files:
>> + [[Regenerating_GCC_Configuration#Regenerating_All_.27.27configure.27.27_Files|Regenerate all files]]
>>
>> + See also [[Regenerating_GCC_Configuration]]
>> - {{{
>> - $ find ./ -name configure.ac | while read f; do (cd "$(dirname "$f")"/ && autoconf2.64); done
>> - }}}

Does autoreconf do the same thing?

* Re: [GCC Wiki] Update of "BuildInfrastructure" by ManuelLópezIbáñez
       [not found] <20111023130643.11626.47324@sourceware.org>
@ 2011-10-23 14:16 ` Thomas Schwinge
From: Thomas Schwinge @ 2011-10-23 14:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: manuel.lopez-ibanez; +Cc: gcc