On Mon, 25 Dec 2023 at 22:00, Segher Boessenkool wrote: > Hi! > > > That is wrong. Build dir as a subdir of the source dir is not > > supported. It might work in many cases, but that does not mean it is > > okay to do. > > I'm really sorry to miss out this important piece of information. Before > the execution of step 3, I'm out of the gcc repo. So 'gcc' and 'objdir' are > in the same level. > > I don't know if that is one of the weird problems caused by this. Easy > > enough to find out. First "make distclean", and then "git status". > > I don't know if we require it to execute above, specially if it's outside the actual gcc repo. > >The error message says that the newly compiled compiler driver ("xgcc", > > which will be insbtalled as just "gcc" eventually) cannot execute the > > newly compiled actual C++ compiler ("cc1plus"), not from the place it > > thinks it put it, anyway. > > Any solution for this> Problem still exists. > > gl;hf, happy holidays, let us know how it went / what else you find out, > > Thank you and happy holidays to everyone! > Segher >