I think that I didn't fully understand the project, so I read more and updated the Timeline Suggestion. Suggested Timeline: - May 1-26: - Explore Cython modules and try more realistic codes to see how it translates Python to c/c++. - Know more about entry-points that Cython uses. - Understand common bugs that happen when converting Python to c/c++. - Explore static analysis tool for CPython Extension code -which is written in Python- and try this analyzer to understand the bugs in translated Python code fully. - Know how we can emit warnings and errors. - Debug the codebase to grasp its structure and potential areas for improvement. - Weeks 1-2: - Understand more about reference counting verification. - Develop verifying reference counts for PyObjects passed as parameters. - Weeks 3-4: - Begin to investigate Error Handling Checking. - Understand how the Static Analysis tool does Error Handling checking. - Implement these checks in the plugin. - Weeks 5-7: - Begin to investigate Exception Handling Checking. - Understand how the Static Analysis tool does Exception Handling checking. - Implement these checks in the plugin. - Weeks 8-11 - Begin to investigate Format String Checking. - Understand how the Static Analysis tool does Format String Checking. - Implement these checks in the plugin. - Week 12 - Writing the GSoC wrapping-up document. ‫في الأربعاء، 27 مارس 2024 في 2:31 ص تمت كتابة ما يلي بواسطة ‪Nada Elsayed‬‏ <‪nadaelsayed163@gmail.com‬‏>:‬ > Greetings All, > Hope this email finds you well. > I am interested in "Extend the plugin to add checking for usage of the > CPython API" project. First of all, I built the library, and now I am > trying to debug it. Then, I also used Cpython in 3 demos to understand how > it works. Finally, I read the uploaded patch comments to understand the > codebase and file structure. > > I was wondering if you could review my suggested timeline? > suggested Timeline: > > - > > May 1-26: > - > > Explore Cython modules, emphasizing entry-points and bug > identification. > - > > Study analyzers, particularly cpy-analyzer, to enhance > understanding. > - > > Debug the codebase to grasp its structure and potential areas for > improvement. > - > > Focus investigation on "errors in GIL handling" and "tp_traverse > errors". > - > > Weeks 1-6: > - > > Investigate GIL (Global Interpreter Lock) errors extensively. > - > > Engage in discussions and develop viable solutions to address > identified issues. > > > > - > > Weeks 7-12: > - > > Gain insight into the functioning of the Garbage Collector. > - > > Implement checks to mitigate traverse errors effectively. > - > > Ensure robust error handling mechanisms are in place through > thorough study and practical implementation. > >