On Mon, Jun 19, 2023, 10:36 AM Mikael Pettersson via Gcc wrote: > (Note I'm reading the gcc mailing list via the Web archives, which > doesn't let me > create "proper" replies. Oh well.) > > On Sun Jun 18 09:58:56 GMT 2023, wrote: > > Hi, this is my first time with open source development. I worked in > > automotive for 22 years and we (generally) were using tricore series for > > these products. GCC doesn't compile on that platform. I left my work some > > days ago and so I'll have some spare time in the next few months. I would > > like to know how difficult it is to port the tricore platform on gcc and > if > > during this process somebody can support me as tutor and... also if the > gcc > > team is interested in this item... > > https://github.com/volumit has a port of gcc + binutils + newlib + gdb > to Tricore, > and it's not _that_ ancient. I have no idea where it originates from > or how complete > it is, but I do know the gcc-4.9.4 based one builds with some tweaks. > https://github.com/volumit/package_494 says there is a port in process to > gcc 9. Perhaps digging in and assessing that would be a good start. > One question is whether that code has proper assignments on file for ultimate inclusion. That should be part of your assessment. --joel > I don't know anything more about it, I'm just a collector of > cross-compilers for > obscure / lost / forgotten / abandoned targets. > > /Mikael >