On Wed, May 10, 2023 at 10:14 AM Jakub Jelinek wrote: > On Wed, May 10, 2023 at 10:10:37AM -0500, Joel Sherrill wrote: > > > > What practices might the GCC community recommend to a project > > > > wanting to discover the issues uncovered and slowly address them? I > > > > > > -Werror=implicit-int > > > -Werror=implicit-function-declaration > > > -Werror=int-conversion > > > > > > > Thanks. We already use -Wall which is documented to turn on the top two > > as warnings at least. > > > > Is int-conversion turned on as part of any of the more general -W > arguments > > (e.g. -Wall, -Wextra, -pedantic)? It's not listed in the manual and I was > > wondering > > if that was right or an oversight. Given this discussion, I would have > > expected it > > to be in -Wall. > > -Wint-conversion is enabled by default. You get the warning whenever not > using -w or -Wno-int-conversion, and error with -pedantic-errors. > Thanks. That isn't clear in the manual. Is there a list of warnings included by default? I'm guessing that it might be all the ones where the manual lists only -Wno-ABC. And again, I don't mind getting poked when the code does something questionable or undefined. Doesn't make it easy to fix or even magically give us all time to address the issues but better to know. --joel > > Jakub > >