* Modifying types during optimization
@ 2019-10-01 23:43 Gary Oblock
From: Gary Oblock @ 2019-10-01 23:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

I'm working on structure reorganization optimizations and one of the
things that needs to happen is that pointers to arrays of structures
need to be modified into either being an integer of a structure depending
on which optimization is required.

I'm seeing something similar happening in omp-low.c where the code in
install_var_field and fixup_child_record_type both seem to rebuild the
entire type from scratch if a field is either added or modified. Wouldn't
it be possible simply modify the field(s) in question and rerun layout_type?

I suspect the answer will be no but reasons as to why that wouldn't work
will probably be equally valuable to me.

Thanks,

Gary Oblock