On Fri, Sep 1, 2023 at 12:37 PM Tomas Bortoli via Gcc wrote: > Hi, > > I recently discovered that the following C statement: > > pointer++; > > is semantically equivalent to the following: > > *pointer++; > > Is this due to operators' priority? To me, that looks weird. > Equivalent in the effect, but not the value. As you suspect, this is due to operator precedence. https://en.cppreference.com/w/c/language/operator_precedence This is probably more appropriate for gcc-help or a general forum about the C Language. https://stackoverflow.com/questions/68829154/c-operator-precedence-postfix-increment-and-dereference Thanks, David