* Hey, spotted an out-of-date reference on gcc.gnu.org
@ 2020-02-24 12:24 Richard @ Quality Nonsense PR Team
From: Richard @ Quality Nonsense PR Team @ 2020-02-24 12:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Dear GCC Team,

Just checking in one last time to make sure we don't get overlooked in your inbox.

Is there anything stopping you from recommending our  long read about Digital Equipment Corporation to your users instead of the broken DEC link, out of interest?

I'm always interested in actionable feedback ;)

Richard
Digital.com

        On Wed, Feb 19, 2020 at 11:34 AM, Richard @ Quality Nonsense PR Team <pr@qualitynonsense.com> wrote:

            Dear GCC Team,

I'm following up to make sure you didn't miss my email about your broken link to DEC.com. What did you think about my idea of citing our long read about Digital Equipment Corporation instead? Can I answer any questions, perhaps?

Richard
Digital.com

        On Thu, Feb 13, 2020 at 12:25 PM, Richard @ Quality Nonsense PR Team <pr@qualitynonsense.com> wrote:

            Dear GCC Team,

I’m writing because you cite DEC.com in this post on GCC - but the website has been offline for 5+ years!

At Digital.com, we've published a "long read" on the rise and fall of Digital Equipment Corporation, which I thought make an "easy fix" to send your readers somewhere more useful than a 404 page.

It covers everything from VAX, Altavista, DEC's sale to Compaq & ultimate demise. You'll find the article here:-

https://digital.com/about/dec/

Would you consider citing our work to replace the broken DEC.com link, please?

I think this article would keep your content current and your readers happy - love to hear what you think. Either way, thank you for your time and consideration.

Best wishes,

Richard
Digital.com
Don't want emails from us anymore? Reply to this email with the word "UNSUBSCRIBE" in the subject line.
Digital.com, BM Box 3667 , London, Greater London, WC1N 3XX , United Kingdom
        If you don't want further emails from me, please reply with "UNSUBSCRIBE" in the subject line. Thank you.

Digital.com, BM Box 3667, BM Box 3667 Greater London, WC1N 3XX , United Kingdom
        If you don't want further emails from me, please reply with "UNSUBSCRIBE" in the subject line. Thank you.

Digital.com, BM Box 3667, BM Box 3667 Greater London, WC1N 3XX , United Kingdom

* Re: Hey, spotted an out-of-date reference on gcc.gnu.org
@ 2020-02-24 13:00 ` Jonathan Wakely
From: Jonathan Wakely @ 2020-02-24 13:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard @ Quality Nonsense PR Team; +Cc: gcc

You keep talking about a broken link without telling us where it is.

But I don't think we're interested anyway, that's why nobody has replied.

On Mon, 24 Feb 2020 at 12:24, Richard @ Quality Nonsense PR Team

@ 2020-02-19 11:34 Richard @ Quality Nonsense PR Team
From: Richard @ Quality Nonsense PR Team @ 2020-02-19 11:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc