Cool story bro On Sat, 26 Nov 2022, 09:20 Dave Blanchard, wrote: > No, I'm not trolling, just venting here for a moment. So sick of garbage > ass, crusty junkware that's always a battle to the death to accomplish > anything. > > I really understand where Liu Hao was coming from yesterday when he was in > here raging against the AT&T assembler. I could sense the bitterness and > disgust in him, the kind that can only come from a lifetime of bitter > disappointment in the status quo. It's like he's just as sick and tired as > I am of broken ass, buggy software. > > GNU GCC/GLIBC IS THE MOST PAINFUL PIECE OF SHIT FUCKING SOFTWARE ON THE > PLANET TO BOOTSTRAP. > > Not even the flaming pile of dogshit that is PYTHON comes close to the > misery and hell awaiting any hapless person who wants to accomplish what > ought to be the Simple And Straightforward Fucking Task of bootstrapping a > cross-compiled GNU gcc/glibc/binutils system. > > I have been working on this project FOR AN ENTIRE YEAR and the pain just > never seems to end. > > I've encountered every shitty, stupid, inane, puzzling, worthless, > completely nonsensical error message that could possibly be generated by a > piece of software, which almost NEVER leads toward figuring out exactly > went wrong, but usually just deeper into the quagmire. > > Seemingly the only way that will ever finally get this junk working is to > just sit there randomly trying different stuff in the hope that it somehow > moves one closer toward getting something that works right. > > /rant > > -- > Dave Blanchard >