On Tue, 26 Sept 2023, 03:11 weizhe wang via Gcc, wrote: > Hi Guys, > > > > Can we build risv-32 gcc compiler from official gcc repository ? > Yes, lots of people do that. > > > Thanks, > > > > Flint > > > > Sent using https://www.zoho.com/mail/ > > > > > > > > > ---- On Thu, 02 Feb 2023 05:21:36 -0800 Martin Jambor > wrote --- > > > > Hello Flint, > > On Sat, Jan 28 2023, hmsjwzb via Gcc wrote: > > Hi GCC developers, > > > > I am learning GCC. But the GCC code is hard to understand. > > We are delighted you found looking into GCC interesting. I definitely > agree that GCC source can be hard to read, especially for newcomers but > often even for seasoned contributors when they look at a part they are > not familiar with. But when you manage to manage to overcome the > difficulty, the project can be very rewarding. And so not hesitate to > ask us any specific question you may have here on the mailing list or on > IRC. > > > I'm reading the c compiler of GCC. It seems the understanding of > > AST/GENERIC representation is very important. Is there a tool > > can visualize the AST/GENERIC representation? > > Intermediate representations like GENERIC, GIMPLE and RTL are indeed > fundamental. In order to see the representation of instructions, > compile a simple program with option -fdump-tree-all and examine the > many files that will appear in your working directory (representation of > things like aggregate data types is unfortunately somewhat missing). > > > > > Do you have some advice for GCC beginner? Is there some > documentations can help in the learning of GCC? > > David Malcolm wrote a very nice set of tutorials about various aspects > of starting with GCC: > https://gcc-newbies-guide.readthedocs.io/en/latest/ > > I believe that is the best generic resource there is. > > Good luck, > > Martin >