* Seeking help for getting started with the contributions
@ 2021-11-18 15:42 Vaibhav Malik
From: Vaibhav Malik @ 2021-11-18 15:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hey!

I am an electrical engineering student. I came across GNU a few months back
and I want to contribute to improving the existing open-source projects and
be part of the community. My skills include :
C/C++
HTML/CSS/JavaScript
MATLAB
Docker
Kubernetes
Git Bash
GitHub

I would really appreciate it if someone could help me set up and guide me
about what should I learn in order to get started.

Could someone help me out?

* Re: Seeking help for getting started with the contributions
@ 2021-11-18 15:49 ` Jonathan Wakely
From: Jonathan Wakely @ 2021-11-18 15:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vaibhav Malik; +Cc: gcc

On Thu, 18 Nov 2021 at 15:43, Vaibhav Malik via Gcc <gcc@gcc.gnu.org> wrote:

> Hey!
>
> I am an electrical engineering student. I came across GNU a few months back
> and I want to contribute to improving the existing open-source projects and
> be part of the community. My skills include :
> C/C++
> HTML/CSS/JavaScript
> MATLAB
> Docker
> Kubernetes
> Git Bash
> GitHub
>
> I would really appreciate it if someone could help me set up and guide me
> about what should I learn in order to get started.
>
> Could someone help me out?

This question has already been asked several times on this mailing
list in the past two weeks. A good place to start would be reading
those previous threads, so we don't need to keep repeating ourselves.
See these threads:

https://gcc.gnu.org/pipermail/gcc/2021-November/237719.html
https://gcc.gnu.org/pipermail/gcc/2021-November/237745.html
https://gcc.gnu.org/pipermail/gcc/2021-November/237754.html

* Re: Seeking help for getting started with the contributions
@ 2021-11-20 10:41 ` Jonathan Wakely
From: Jonathan Wakely @ 2021-11-20 10:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vaibhav Malik; +Cc: gcc

On Thu, 18 Nov 2021 at 15:43, Vaibhav Malik via Gcc <gcc@gcc.gnu.org> wrote:

> Hey!
>
> I am an electrical engineering student. I came across GNU a few months back
> and I want to contribute to improving the existing open-source projects and
> be part of the community. My skills include :
> C/C++
> HTML/CSS/JavaScript
> MATLAB
> Docker
> Kubernetes
> Git Bash
> GitHub
>
> I would really appreciate it if someone could help me set up and guide me
> about what should I learn in order to get started.
>
> Could someone help me out?

Thanks for your interest in GCC!

A good place to start is by reading the project's mailing list (the
one you've contacted!) and if you did that, you would find this
question has already been asked and answered several times this month.
You could start by reading those previous threads, so we don't need to
keep repeating ourselves.

See these threads (and others):