On Fri, 9 Sep 2022, 17:42 SAIFI, wrote: > > Perhaps this is something the current build scripts take care of anyway. > Is it possible to reuse ? > The makefiles could be adapted to add an extra step into the build process but it would take more effort to make it work. The proposed script already works without changing the build system. > > > We'd also need to implement a CSV parser from scratch. > > > > Would any of the C++11 compliant CSV parsing libraries make the cut in > your analysis ? > I'm not going to waste my time looking. > Vince CSV parser (RFC4180 + flavours) > https://github.com/vincentlaucsb/csv-parser > > C++11 header only (MT can be turned on/off). > https://github.com/ben-strasser/fast-cpp-csv-parser > > If not, Is there is something else that is needed for the CSV parsers to > qualify ? > Why add an extra dependency that would have to be included in the GCC sources, when Python already has what's needed to do this. Somebody has written a new tool, and you seem to be asking them to rewrite it for your preferences. If you want to rewrite the script in C++ feel free to proposed a patch, but this digression for your curiousity doesn't seem productive to me.