* GCC 12.4 Release Candidate available from gcc.gnu.org
@ 2024-06-13  8:13 Richard Biener
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Richard Biener @ 2024-06-13  8:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

The first release candidate for GCC 12.4 is available from

https://gcc.gnu.org/pub/gcc/snapshots/12.4.0-RC-20240613/

and shortly its mirrors.  It has been generated from git commit
r12-10557-g6693b1f3929771.

I have so far bootstrapped and tested the release candidate on
x86_64-linux.
Please test it and report any issues to bugzilla.

If all goes well, we'd like to release 12.4 on Thursday, June 20th.

* Re: GCC 12.4 Release Candidate available from gcc.gnu.org
@ 2024-06-13 22:16 ` William Seurer
From: William Seurer @ 2024-06-13 22:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

On 6/13/24 3:13 AM, Richard Biener via Gcc wrote:
> The first release candidate for GCC 12.4 is available from
>
> https://gcc.gnu.org/pub/gcc/snapshots/12.4.0-RC-20240613/
>
> and shortly its mirrors.  It has been generated from git commit
> r12-10557-g6693b1f3929771.
>
> I have so far bootstrapped and tested the release candidate on
> x86_64-linux.
> Please test it and report any issues to bugzilla.
>
> If all goes well, we'd like to release 12.4 on Thursday, June 20th.

I bootstrapped and tested it on power 8 and 9 BE and power 8, 9, and 10
LE and all went well.

* Re: GCC 12.4 Release Candidate available from gcc.gnu.org
@ 2024-06-14  6:54 ` Iain Sandoe
From: Iain Sandoe @ 2024-06-14  6:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Biener; +Cc: GCC Development

> On 13 Jun 2024, at 09:13, Richard Biener via Gcc <gcc@gcc.gnu.org> wrote:
>

> The first release candidate for GCC 12.4 is available from
>
> https://gcc.gnu.org/pub/gcc/snapshots/12.4.0-RC-20240613/
>
> and shortly its mirrors.  It has been generated from git commit
> r12-10557-g6693b1f3929771.
>
> I have so far bootstrapped and tested the release candidate on
> x86_64-linux.
> Please test it and report any issues to bugzilla.

Bootstrapped and tested on i686, x86_64 and (with development patches) aarch64
Darwin. (I do not currently have working PowerPC test hardware). Results nominal.
Iain

* Re: GCC 12.4 Release Candidate available from gcc.gnu.org
@ 2024-06-14 14:45 ` Jonathan Wakely
From: Jonathan Wakely @ 2024-06-14 14:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Biener; +Cc: gcc

On Thu, 13 Jun 2024 at 09:14, Richard Biener via Gcc <gcc@gcc.gnu.org> wrote:

> The first release candidate for GCC 12.4 is available from
>
> https://gcc.gnu.org/pub/gcc/snapshots/12.4.0-RC-20240613/
>
> and shortly its mirrors.  It has been generated from git commit
> r12-10557-g6693b1f3929771.
>
> I have so far bootstrapped and tested the release candidate on
> x86_64-linux.
> Please test it and report any issues to bugzilla.
>
> If all goes well, we'd like to release 12.4 on Thursday, June 20th.

I've just been informed of a regression for --disable-hosted-libstdcxx
(i.e. freestanding) builds which I've fixed for trunk, 14 and 13 with:
https://gcc.gnu.org/pipermail/gcc-patches/2024-June/654726.html

It would be nice to fix it for gcc 12.4, although it's not essential
(it was already broken for 14.1 and 13.3).

* Re: GCC 12.4 Release Candidate available from gcc.gnu.org
@ 2024-06-17  6:17   ` Richard Biener
From: Richard Biener @ 2024-06-17  6:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathan Wakely; +Cc: gcc

On Fri, 14 Jun 2024, Jonathan Wakely wrote:

> On Thu, 13 Jun 2024 at 09:14, Richard Biener via Gcc <gcc@gcc.gnu.org> wrote:
> >

> > The first release candidate for GCC 12.4 is available from
> >
> > https://gcc.gnu.org/pub/gcc/snapshots/12.4.0-RC-20240613/
> >
> > and shortly its mirrors.  It has been generated from git commit
> > r12-10557-g6693b1f3929771.
> >
> > I have so far bootstrapped and tested the release candidate on
> > x86_64-linux.
> > Please test it and report any issues to bugzilla.
> >
> > If all goes well, we'd like to release 12.4 on Thursday, June 20th.
>
> I've just been informed of a regression for --disable-hosted-libstdcxx
> (i.e. freestanding) builds which I've fixed for trunk, 14 and 13 with:
> https://gcc.gnu.org/pipermail/gcc-patches/2024-June/654726.html
>
> It would be nice to fix it for gcc 12.4, although it's not essential
> (it was already broken for 14.1 and 13.3).

I think that change is OK to pick.

Thanks,
Richard.

* Re: GCC 12.4 Release Candidate available from gcc.gnu.org
@ 2024-06-17 10:38     ` Jonathan Wakely
From: Jonathan Wakely @ 2024-06-17 10:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Biener; +Cc: gcc

On Mon, 17 Jun 2024 at 07:17, Richard Biener <rguenther@suse.de> wrote:

> On Fri, 14 Jun 2024, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 13 Jun 2024 at 09:14, Richard Biener via Gcc <gcc@gcc.gnu.org> wrote:
> > >

> > > The first release candidate for GCC 12.4 is available from
> > >
> > > https://gcc.gnu.org/pub/gcc/snapshots/12.4.0-RC-20240613/
> > >
> > > and shortly its mirrors.  It has been generated from git commit
> > > r12-10557-g6693b1f3929771.
> > >
> > > I have so far bootstrapped and tested the release candidate on
> > > x86_64-linux.
> > > Please test it and report any issues to bugzilla.
> > >
> > > If all goes well, we'd like to release 12.4 on Thursday, June 20th.
> >
> > I've just been informed of a regression for --disable-hosted-libstdcxx
> > (i.e. freestanding) builds which I've fixed for trunk, 14 and 13 with:
> > https://gcc.gnu.org/pipermail/gcc-patches/2024-June/654726.html
> >
> > It would be nice to fix it for gcc 12.4, although it's not essential
> > (it was already broken for 14.1 and 13.3).
>
> I think that change is OK to pick.

OK, thanks - pushed to gcc-12.