* question about inlining long call sequence
@ 2019-02-12  9:46 Bin.Cheng
From: Bin.Cheng @ 2019-02-12  9:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: GCC Development

Hi,
When reading inlining code in GCC, I wonder if we have size heuristics
to limit inlining long call sequence?  For example, for call sequence
if each function call grows size by a very small amount, inlining Z
all the way up to the outermost function could result in a big
function which may hurt icache.  Is this case handled in inliner? if
yes, which code handles this?  Thanks in advance.

BTW, I am using GCC 6, not sure if trunk has different behavior.

Thanks,
bin