* Any future plan supporting livepatching in kernel for AArch64?
@ 2019-09-19  4:23 Bin.Cheng
From: Bin.Cheng @ 2019-09-19  4:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: GCC Development
  Cc: Maxim Kuvyrkov, huawei.libin, duwe, szabolcs.nagy,
	Richard Earnshaw, takahiro.akashi

Hi,
I read through previous messages which tried to support livepatching
in kernel for AArch64.
Following is the patch supporting mfentry:
https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2016-03/msg00756.html
And this is the last message about above thread:
https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2016-04/msg01093.html

Here is another patch trying to support a general option, however. it
was not merged either.
https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2016-12/msg01791.html

If I read messages correctly, kernel part is not merged (partly)
because of waiting for GCC.  As a result, we have to apply local
patches, I am wondering if there is any future plan to support it on
AArch64, or no one really uses it?

I CCed patch authors as well as who joined previous discussions,
please let me know if you don't want to be cced in this thread.

Thanks,
bin